Happy Friday!! We’ve finally made it to the end of the week and I think we all deserve a long weekend! MLK is by far one of my favorite holidays because it always falls on my birthday-I’m turning 18 this Sunday!!! I’ll be kissing my childhood days goodbye and entering the adult world..and honestly I am not too sure how I feel about it!
For the past couple Fridays you may have noticed there was not a post like usual-HOWEVER, I did not forget about you of course! For the past couple weeks I have been preparing to introduce my newest segment on Snapped by Gracie to come every Friday called ‘Fit Fridays’ (fitting right? 😉 ) .Every Friday I hope to discuss something fitness related; whether it be a review of a fitness studio, an outfit post for activewear, my view on a topic related to health and fitness, a workout routine, a healthy new recipe..you get the picture!
To start my first Fit Friday..I thought I would just talk about the basics and introduce my fitness views. When it comes to fitness, I believe it is beyond important for fitness to be incorporated in everyone’s lives no matter who you are. No one is too young, too old, too out of shape, or even too busy to find time for fitness. In saying that however, I do believe the incorporation of fitness into your life is different for everyone. There is no one specific formula, but I believe it is important for every person to find what is right for them fitness wise and practice this religiously.
For me, I love working out !! Like I really really love it and I look forward to each and every time I get to sweat. Weird right? Most people do not feel this way-but I certainly do. Physical fitness is apart of my everyday life and has been throughout my entire life. Everyday I workout in some way, shape, or form, and rarely ever take a day off! When I work out, it is never because I have to but because I genuinely want to ! If I don’t feel well or ever find myself not wanting to work out I don’t, and I believe this is the best way for me to practice my fitness routine and keep a healthy relationship with my fitness regime.
Now, whether you are like me or someone who has to be dragged to the gym kicking and screaming ..I think it is vital for everyone to move in some way most days. Whether you agree with this statement or not, below I am sharing my top reasons why.
WHY I LOVE FITNESS:
- Honestly when people ask me why I love fitness, I immediately think ‘how could you not?’
- When I am working out, the music is blasting, and I find myself being able to run further, spin faster, or work harder than ever before, there is no other point in my day in which I feel more alive or more accomplished
- After I have worked out, I feel as though I can conquer the world and my day is far more productive than it would’ve ever been before
- Working out puts me immediately in a better mood. That burst of endorphins and the feeling of accomplishment early in the morning sets the tone for the rest of the day and makes me an overall better person.
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH FITNESS:
- Why do you want to be fit? What could fitness do for your life? I explained why I love fitness..but I cannot tell you why you will. No one’s interests are the same so you have to dig deep and think..why should you work out? Think about what you want to accomplish and how working out will help you achieve that goal. If you find yourself not wanting to go to the gym-taking the time to think about why you should will help give you the motivation to just do it. 😉
- The first time is always the hardest. Find the courage to go once and I promise it will get easier every time!
- Find what workout works for you. If you hate running, don’t run. Try a spin class! If Yoga is too boring for you, try barre! With all the options available, there is something for everyone. You just have to make the effort and find the workout for you! I encourage everyone to try a variety of workouts and find what not only works for their body but what they find the easiest to get yourself to go to. Once you find that workout, you may not believe me but you may come to love working out as much as I do!
- Find the optimal time. We are all busy, so even if it’s just 30 minutes-find a time to work out. For me, I like to work out as soon as may feet hit the ground. This helps get my day started off right and it ensures that I get a workout in before life gets in the way and I definitely do get too busy!
Now, you may have just read this and think I’m crazy..but I really do love fitness with a serious passion (almost as much as I love fashion) and I hope all of you will too! I hope this post helped all of you and you’re just as excited about ‘Fit Fridays’ as I am..comment below your thoughts, opinions, and what you would like to see for ‘Fit Friday’ !