It’s my third week of the Whole30!! I cannot believe I only have one week left! While popcorn and beans are still just as hard to resist, I have really gotten over my cravings for rice, oatmeal, added sugars, yogurts, or any other foods I have had to cut out of my diet!!
Today in honor of Fit Friday, I am sharing another recipe of my daily breakfast!! In the past before the Whole30, breakfast did not sound appealing to me at 4:30 in the morning so I would just grab a banana. While I still am not a huge breakfast eater, I know wake up every morning and hop out of bed so excited to drink my Collagen Latte and Cauliflower Oatmeal!!
First, I am sharing my recipe for my collagen coffee which I swear I have felt so many benefits from. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body, supporting the vitality of skin, hair, tendons, cartilage, bones, and joints. Vital Proteins peptides are easily digestible perfect to mix into so many recipes!!
One thing that has definitely been hard for me to give up while on the Whole30 is protein powder. I love adding vanilla protein powder to my smoothies for a post-work out meal or just to give my fruit smoothies that vanilla flavor, but majority protein powders are not Whole30! I am so thankful I have found collagen peptides because they substitute perfectly for my usual protein powder, are whole30 approved, and honestly I love Vital Protein’s products so much more than the powders I was using!
This recipe is the perfect way to get a caffeine boost and vital nutrients right as you start your day. It is so fast and easy to make, you’ll never go back to your old coffee again!
Collagen Latte Recipe:
- 1 Cup of Coffee
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened, Whole30 Approved Almond Milk
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Peptides
- Pour all ingredients in blender
- Blend on high for about 1 minute or until it looks frothed and mixed
Now onto my cauliflower oatmeal..This recipe is so easy as well and is absolutely delicious ! It is super filling and gives you the perfect amount of energy for your day. It’s filled with just the right amount of healthy carbs, fat, and protein!
Whole30 Cauliflower Oatmeal
- Half a bag of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Cup of Egg Whites
- 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 Banana
- 1 Teaspoon of Almond Butter
- Heat a sauce pan over the oven and melt coconut oil
- Once melted, sauté cauliflower rice in pan
- Add cinnamon as you are sautéing and mix
- After about 5 minutes or until rice begins to soften, add egg whites
- Stir until fully cooked
- Place in bowl
- Cut banana and place on top and add teaspoon of almond butter
What’s your favorite Whole30 recipe? Any requests of recipes or types of recipes you would like to see? Comment below !!